Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yikes! "$5 Parking"

The sign that greeted me when I drove into the Ft Dent Park this morning for my walk. I told the ticket person "I'm a Tukwila resident", and "I just want to go for my morning walk." No problem. I just had to show my DL.
I'm glad I got there as early as I did, because there were hundreds of little soccer players converging on the park for some kind of soccer tournament, with their families, ice coolers, pets...and parking spaces.
My route today was to follow the river out of the park, and under the different bridges, circumnavigate (is that a word?)(Wow, it must be. Spell check didn't tell me to change it.) Southcenter and go to Seafood City for some Milkfish (the best!) For part of this walking route, I'm an "outlaw" Green River Trail walker. I bypass some of the roadways and using crosswalks business by ignoring the "Trail Closed" signs and follow the trail under passes. They don't have any of the black plastic covered barriers down there, and you still have the river waters off to the side, etc.

Mike told me the other day that he usually "only looks at the pictures" in this blog. Although I enjoy this writing too, I'll try to focus more on the photos? As long as I can keep them interesting. Also, I'm contemplating starting an entirely separate blog, with the tentative title "Morning Walk Photos", and maybe just post one photo each day or something. Several if it's a good day? I'll probably go through my Pictures folders and copy a few just to set the Blog set up and going.

Speaking about "writing", I do want to write down some things about my W Seattle and Water Taxi excursion yesterday. I've lived here (off and on) for my whole life, and I felt like a tourist. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment