Monday, August 2, 2010

a "waterworks" park

I've never thought of myself as a photographer, and I still feel like a beginner, but I sure am enjoying myself. One of the blogs I found with my Kindle is about SLR Cameras (still a dream right now), and there were some good tips and suggestions. One of them is to always have your camera with you, something I started doing awhile back.
Today, while I was drivng in search of some fog photos (after my walk), I stopped by a small "Waterworks" Park in Renton? It's located up on a small hill NE of the 405 and Interurban Ave S (181) intersection. It's the little green triangular patch near the Jackson road upper right in the Google Earth photo below.



You can see the flowing water and hear the sounds below grates along the pathway, and there are some nice "stonehenge" like columns on each side.



The grill/grate cutout shapes reminded me of some photos I took at the Southcenter parking garage early one morning last January.


There was a runoff going into a lily pad pond further down the path, and the mossy green color and the foam patterns it created made me think about Yellowstone National Park. There were these amazing bright orange, red, yellow and turquoise colors in sulphur hot springs there, and I've wanted to go back someday. I would like very much for my little family to have that experience too.

No comments:

Post a Comment