Monday, August 30, 2010

Emmys


Other than news, sports and some npr kind of stuff, I try not to watch much TV. For me, it just sort of sucks up my time, and I always feel a little guilty when I give in... I did watch some of the Emmys last night.

I clicked on Yahoo for the Emmy's show just now - I was curious about Temple Grandin, "an autistic woman who has become one of the top scientists in the humane livestock handling industry." Evidently quite a story, and it received several awards?

I liked the parts of the Emmys that I watched, including Jimmy Fallon!! (I switched channels for the news, and "60 Minutes"...) The Ricky Gervais quotes are funny, and I probably would have liked him too, but I disagree with the panning of Fallen. The opening segment was one of my all-time favorites. Oh well. Maybe it's because I have never seen Lost, Late Night with J Fallen, Mad Men, ??, etc...

1 comment: