Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Squak Mountain


My early morning hike today reminded me why I love the Northwest. It's just so darn beautiful! 30 minutes from our door to the trail head on Squak Mountain State Park. Getting back on the trails, with all the green, the quiet, the smells, on and on...


I started out before 8am, and the brightness and angles of the sun were dramatic at times.



I met an old guy when I was walking back down. 87 years old I think he said, walking with a cane, and he was up at least 2/3 of a mile when we crossed paths. He had an aorta valve or something in his heart replaced 4 years ago, and his doctor told him to use it or loose it. So he gets up here as often as he can. He told me he used to be a mountain climber, and told me "I climbed Mt McKinley (in Alaska) 47 years ago."


I'll share more tomorrow...
ps - the shadow of me taking the photo wasn't done on purpose, and cropping me out messed up the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment