Saturday, August 14, 2010

Old Mt Si Trail:

Another super day of hiking. We did the Old Trail of "Little Si", just east of North Bend. I had a three hour window of time myself (driving duties), so I hiked in (I should say UP) for only an hour and a half. Arduous, but fun with my group, a lot of joking around.

some smooth walking...
and some not so smooth...

We were at the 2300 elevation level when I had to do my about face, but the rest of the group made the top (3200') 25 minutes later. There are beautiful rewards at the top, and hopefully I can get some of their photos to plug in here.
Voila!:


"can't see the hikers for the trees"...with the brush and foliage, and the sharp switchbacks on this part of the trail, it was hard to see the hikers above me after I passed them going down. Click on the photo to enlarge it.
there was this nice rock formation on one side of the trail at one point, with a little graffiti work, but when I panned to the right there were some nice texture/shadow shots


I found a blog called "Hiking with my brother" just now, and the following link has a nice description of the Old Mt Si Trail:
http://www.hikingwithmybrother.com/2010/05/old-mount-si-trail.html

No comments:

Post a Comment