Tuesday, March 2, 2010

old Red Robin closing

From this morning's Seattle Times, the memories...
The original Red Robin, before it was bought out and went big-time, was one of a small group of taverns me and my friends frequented back in the 80s?on a regular basis. I've only been to one of the new hoity-toity ones maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 20/30? years.

"Here today. Gone later this month. The first Red Robin, at 3272 Fuhrman Avenue East near the University Bridge [photo courtesy Red Robin]"http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/allyoucaneat/2011228316_red_robin_to_close_its_origina.html


ps - I'm trying to remember the names of other taverns on our "circuit": #1 - the BLUE MOON, then Goldies on 45th, the Central, Eastlake Zoo, and there was one I can't remember the name of on the "Ave" (University Avenue), on the West side of the street up around 54th? Not necessarily in that order. And there was Fremont...

1 comment: