Friday, March 19, 2010

UW Huskies 80-78 victory over Marquette

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2011383234_umen19.html

"Quincy Pondexter's clutch shot with 1.7 seconds left gave the Washington Huskies a dramatic 80-78 victory over Marquette on Thursday in the first round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament."


<<<<<<
http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/031810aab.html

Before I got out of bed and left to brew my morning coffee today, I said "good morning..." to Inday. She quietly murmured "yeah huskies!"
Last night, when I left the room to do something - Marquette was making their big run at the beginning of the 2nd half (they went up on UW by 15 points!)- of course the TV was on a different channel when I returned. We watched a crime reality show for awhile, and I asked her if she wanted to check on the score. She said "no", so I quietly pulled my little transistor radio up to my ear, and the score was tied at 74-74. I asked "do you want to check?", and I got another "no". "I'm going to have a heart attack." I chuckled and said "ok". At 7:45?, she turned on the ESPN tickertape and after a few of the regional results, up popped the UW win over Marquette.
You should have seen us fly out of the bedroom and into the front room with the DVR, yelling and high fives! We then watched the 2nd half together! What a game!
cr

3 comments:

  1. yeah go dawgs...lov'en it!!!
    tht was sooo much fun!!!
    smack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of being a fan is flowing with the river. If it is going bad, try to see the positive. For instance, when they were down by 15, there was still at least twelve minutes left. That is an eternity. Even though we got real quiet when it was going bad, we hung in there, hoping for the best.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Isaiah Thomas played all 40 minutes. He never left the game.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete