Saturday, March 6, 2010

the craftsperson in me

There are times when I am so busy that I want cut back on my meditation times, or skip my walking, even when I'm only talking about 20 or 40 minute spurts. These are the very things one needs to do, to give balance to their day. Like sleep, you need to make time. Sometimes, when there's a nervous, exciting energy happening, with the more enjoyable projects, it's difficult to fall asleep. That's when I have to pull out all of the tricks - no tv at night, not even reading a good book, and when my body and mind signals me that sleep is possible, brush my teeth, wash my face, and fall into bed. Asleep in 5 minutes. I remember when I was up on Lopez Island, and I made myself get into bed by 11am because I was dog tired, but only because I was excited about getting up at 7am again, so I could get back to work... Even though I'm burned out with all of these remodeling/getting the house ready to sell things, the craftsperson in me is happy...

from this morning's "short" walk

sunrise jet stream

more blue purple mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment