Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I took an impromptu ride on the LRT this morning, just after I dropped off Nathan at school. My first time for the link from Tukwila to the airport (a pricey $3.50 rt), but it got my 'travel' juices flowing again. I was reminded for some reason of the airport in Honolulu when I was walking along, and once I got into the terminal, the fanatasies resurfaced. "I want to go somewhere."
Some people have complained about what they call the long walk into the airport terminal from the LRT Station, but I liked it, especially since this was my 'walk' for the day. I walked the full length of the terminal up and down several times, on several levels, and then I sat down for a bit by the fountains outside the south end. A very pleasant one hour diversion/walk...

Mt Rainier from the airport LRT station

I liked the contrast between the steel rails, and the misty fog over the valley...

water drop sculpture at the Tukwila LRT Station

No comments:

Post a Comment