Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kodachrome slides from the 60s and 70s

My brother brought over a box of old 35mm slides he found at our mother's place yesterday. Dating back to the 60s and 70s, it's like a treasure chest of memories. There are a bunch of wonderful Kodachrome (not all) transparencies I took of our family (with all 8 of us children, etc), shots from my time in Vietnam, maybe some from my early "artist" days - I don't know. There are a bunch of slides our folks took, as well as my siblings... I'm pumped!
I bought a special light bulb and a sheet of opaque white plastic paper? for a sorting screen thing-a-ma-bob I'm creating. The smaller sorting light boxes at Glazer's Cameras downtown were over $100. Whew! 25 bucks, the glass from an old picture frame, etc, and I'll build my own.
Glazers Cameras, by the way, http://www.glazerscamera.com/ is like a candy store for photographers.
If I find some of the things I anticipate are buried in that box, I will upload them to this blog later...

No comments:

Post a Comment