Monday, February 8, 2010

This image is from Google Earth and it shows an approximate 8 square mile area of the meandering Green River, the dark line winding from the upper left corner to the lower right corner. I've walked the trail both farther North, and farther South at times, but this my main walking domain. I haven't walked the stretch continuing further south for awhile, and this morning I was surprised by the bales of hay covered in black tarp barriers they put up all along the river there. The trail is blocked off with this barrier because of concerns over a dam upstream, and the past history of flooding in the valley further south.




I did chance upon a nice image of the sun slipping up out of the morning mist though, into the darker clouds above. I used the auto/sunset setting because it showed more of the pinkish peach colors that were playing across the sky. You might have to click on the photo to get a larger image showing the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment