Wednesday, February 10, 2010

meditations and walking

I find myself wanting to shorten my morning and afternoon meditations sometimes. I will also skip my morning walk. I tell myself "I don't have time".
In reality, that's the time I need! Regardless of how busy, how much I'm enjoying certain projects, etc, those quiet times of 20 minute meditations, and those 40 minute walks are vital! It's like some doctors and psychologists say, make time!

I remember many years ago, when I was a single parent, and I was starting work at the bakery around 4am. I was fortunate to be in a living situation where my Mother was able to come stay with Andie when I worked. Anyway, the alarm was set for 2:30am or so, no matter what time I got to bed, so that I could have a little wake-up time, and then do a 20 minute meditation before going to work.

I'm thinking about this today because I find myself in a very good place emotionally. Artistically, things are flowing again, and that energy is so gratifying, and fun. It's been a long time.

Also, I'm trying to talk myself into putting on my walking shoes, and get out there, before I have to wake up Nate for school.

(ps - I post many of my posts later in the morning usually. This one is more of a "live" now thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment