Sunday, January 31, 2010

There are some days when I find myself in a "zone" with my little camera. The colors and patterns just jump out at me, even on a gray morning like today.

On one side of the path there were these red branches with raindrops, and on the other side, these deep greens of the grass ricocheted back.




me

Homeland Security Building with it's nice green grass on one side of the road, and a Lawyer's sign across the street.

At first glance it looked like the Immigration Lawyer was working out of a garage, next to the Auto Rebuild and Paint shop.

The photos I've been taking of "winter tree branches" have been almost like black and white photos. I like the dramatic contrasts of blacks and whites, and the colors that those values bring out around them. And the textures and patterns of the different sizes of branches...





This one is actually a foot high twig growing out of a concrete barrier. It reminded me of the larger tree branch shots.

There are also some of those wierd shots that I like.

sidewalk submarine - "no smoking"tar puddle on the side of the road

No comments:

Post a Comment