Tuesday, July 20, 2010

walking versus going somewhere

I drove a little further this morning, and walked the Interurban Trail south from 180th. A nice change from my regular winding walks along the Green River. Also, a lot more bicyclists. It's listed as a bicycle path on the King County maps, but it's wide and paved, and I'm careful. Most of these bicyclists were cooking. They were going somewhere! Me, I was walking.
I usually prefer a "loop" kind of hike, where I don't walk the same route twice, but this was nice. It was a lot quieter than I expected. A lot of bird sounds. And I was surprised by the number of train tracks out there, and trains. I saw the Tacoma-Seattle "Sounder" go by when I started out, several freight trains, and later I saw the Amtrak "Cascades" go by. It was travelling in the opposite direction, one track further East.
Bird sounds and train whistles.
35-40 minutes is my ideal time for a brisk morning walk, so I walked 20 minutes or so, and then doubled back. I'll get more exercise when I choose a walk like this because there are less photo ops, but I did like the power lines.
Tomorrow morning I might drive farther and try the Soos Creek trail in Kent.
Walk on...
I liked the color of those saucer like discs on some of the wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment