Wednesday, July 14, 2010

my morning walks

I never know if I'm going to be a walker, or a photographer. I do know that it feels good walking again, as in walking every single morning, without fail. With the getting the house ready to sell business, that routine had suffered.

Although I have a bunch of choices when I walk out the front door, I need a change sometimes. This morning, I took a 10 minute drive to the Ft Dent Park, along the Green River west of Southcenter. Summer having finally arrived, it was beautiful walking weather, and I took a few photos.

Trees. I liked the bark texture, twisting angles and shadows of this tree trunk, and the second one made me think of an elephant.

The path along the river curls around the Seattle FC soccer practice fields, and goes over a nice footbridge, heading south towards my usual walking routes.

Heading back towards the park, I turned left onto a foot path going towards the river and some train trestles. One older trestle looked like it had been torched at some point, but it went over a short stretch, and evidently was still strong.

Another one had some interesting graffiti. Seeing the gray area where some railroad people had painted over old graffiti evidently just invited new artistic endeavors. It made me think about how I used to 'size' a canvas with white acrylic before I started a painting. A new clean surface for creating...

No comments:

Post a Comment