Monday, July 19, 2010

I've been getting bored by my regular walking routes lately, so I took a 7 minute drive to the Ft Dent Park this morning and walked part of the Interurban Trail heading south. It more or parallels the Green River Trail, but on the West side of E. Valley Highway, and it goes along the train tracks in a few places. I look forward to driving a little further tomorrow, and picking up the trail further south.
One big difference between the two trails is that there isn't a black plastic covered barrier like the one on the GR trail now (from Southcenter going south).
I used to be bothered by the sound of the traffic, not not so much anymore. Just like I've come to appreciate the man made concrete column shapes, etc, intermingling with the trees and water visually, I can now accept traffic sounds along with the bird sounds...
A good walk.
Some days I take photos went I don't know I'm taking photos.


Seafood City Marketplace, a new Filipino grocery store, has opened in the old Mervyns at Southcenter. Very cool. The grilled milkfish we brought home yesterday is some of the best fish I have ever eaten!
By the middle of next month, more things besides the grocery store will be up and running. "Chowking", a fast food outlet in Cebu that we liked, will be open before the end of July.
I had the feeling last Thursday when I went down for the first day, that every Filipino in Washington State was there. It was fun! The photo is from a few days before it opened.

2 comments:

  1. I went their last sunday!! I knew you already knew about it! It was packed!!!I want to go sometime and try the food when the lines aren't so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went Sunday too! Over time, it'll die down. Like I told Inday, "I think all of the Filipinos in Washington State were there!"

    ReplyDelete