Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Can you take the heat?"

Some people say "but it's hot" when I talk about moving to the Philippines. "Can you take the heat?" I usually answer "I can't take the cold (here)."
There was frost on the windshield this morning when we left to take Inday into work. And the temperature when I went for my walk later was still in the 30s. My nose was red, and my fingertips felt like little Popsicles by the time I got home.
I think it's much easier adapting to the warmth than it is to the cold, and the last time we were in Cebu, my body was just plain happy. And some of the best snorkeling in the world is a Jeepney ride away, and...
I did get a few nice shots this morning though, cold fingers and all. The currents were creating some beautiful swirling patterns under the bridge, and two ducks were passing through the morning sunlight reflection.


No comments:

Post a Comment