Tuesday, April 13, 2010

the "dump"

I'm going to hurt my arm patting myself on the back like this, but I'm so proud of myself. I just returned from my first "dump" trip with our little trailer. I was worried about my "backing up" skills, so I drove to a local church parking lot first, and practiced. I moved from a D driver to a C driver with my practice session, and I did ok when I got there. Now I can speed up my "purging" and thinning out of our STUFF. I felt really restricted and limited for awhile there with the loss of our old pickup, but now "I'm back in the saddle again", and it feels good. I'm thinking about bringing in a real estate agent soon, and maybe putting up the "For Sale" sign in a week or so. Progress.


Andrea called and suggested she come over for a walk just when I was going to leave for the dump. It ended up being perfect because a), I didn't skip my walk like I planned, AND b), going a little later to the dump meant less traffic and cars. I didn't have to back into a slot between two other vehicles.
Life's little victories. The pine tree photo is from our walk.

1 comment:

  1. me and the girls (john) use to have a song they would sing when we went to the dump

    smack

    ReplyDelete