Wednesday, August 10, 2011

mini road trip

I'm sitting in the Burien F Meyer deli right now, eating a late breakfast, drinking a Tully's Americano, and surfing the web with their free wi-fi. Wi, er why? you ask? I have my Cobalt next door (Bur. Chev.) for a look-see, as in a "diagnostics" once over. It's been dying on me, and with Nate beginning his driving lessons in Dec(?), I've got to get the Cobalt up to par. We also have to start thinking about a second car again. Whew!
Andie, Nate and I went on a mini-road trip yesterday. Really nice little excursion, where we did a little loop kind of thing: after dropping off Inday at 6am, Nate and I picked up Andie at her local Starbucks on Eastlake, and we headed to the Edmonds-Kingston ferry. We then drove down south to the Winslow ferry on Bainbridge Island, and back over to downtown Seattle. I got some super photos, which I hope to edit and post later today. We had a nice breakfast at the Steamliner Diner in Winslow, and we took some fun little detours en route - I'm not sure what the beach park's name was, somewhere around Stillaguamish?, but there was some wonderful lighting on the water with the early morning sun. And it was fun having our resident Oceanographer?-to-be pointing out the crabs, starfish, jelly fish even!...the tide was out and the dock was a long one. We just gazed down into the shallows and green seaweeds for the longest time, watching all kinds of goings on.

No comments:

Post a Comment