Monday, August 1, 2011

Monster Road

I'm already creating this handy-dandy carrier thing in my mind, attached to my handle bars where I can put my camera, which would be tethered to my wrist...I'll be able to pull over, always thinking "safety first", and I can take a photo when I see something I like...

This morning, I rode UP over the bridge crossing I-5 where it goes over the railroad tracks and the Green River, just before it straightens out and heads up the Southcenter hill. I'm lying, about the riding up part. Unlike Pat, who rode up the bridge yesterday just for practice, I walked up and over using the sidewalk on the south side. I rationalized that there was too much traffic, but I'm also not in good enough shape yet. I'll get there...

It was a super nice ride today. Instead of going up to MLK Way like when you are heading towards Skyway or Renton, I turned south onto Beacon Coal Mine Rd, which turns into Monster Rd SW (yep, "Monster" Rd!), and on to...too many words. Suffice it to say - it was a beautiful ride... I'll just upload a few photos here:





I joined the Cedar Creek? Trail heading south towards Renton after I crossed the railroad tracks...

having a bike with a hybrid/mountain kind of tire, as opposed to the smaller 'road' tire, I can go off onto paths like the one below...if you look close, in the center of the photo:



I'm being surprised everyday how much territory I can cover now, compared to my walking routes. I was already on Grady Ave and there was the overpass by Bullwinkles? Entertainment place off of 405. So I went over the bridge and rejoined the GR Trail there, and headed back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment