Monday, August 1, 2011

fresh fruit and veggies

for Mary:
I'm not comfortable with putting this on FB, because it could probably come across as bragging or whatever. Not so, but your comment (Mary) reminded me of one of my fondest memories/expectations...

Mary's post in FB this morning:
"I envy people that live right next to a fruit stand and can get fresh fruit and veggies when ever they walk out their door!!!!!!!!"

I'll be able to do that when we're living in our "island in the sky":
just go downstairs, and walk down the sidewalk to my favorite mini banana vendor, go into my local bakery for some mini loaves of bread that remind me of Japan (very different from the breads we baked at Gais!), a cup of coffee at the Starbucks in the little mini-mall at the base of our Condo, or the...so many wonderful choices no matter which direction my walk takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment