Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the "walker" vs the "budding photographer"

This new "picture taking" phase I'm in has been reeking havoc on my "cardio", or whatever they call the physical benefits of brisk walking. The past few weeks I've been stopping all the time to take photos. Pleasure and frustration at the same time.
Yesterday, the "walker" pulled a fast one and forgot to put the battery back in the camera (it had been in the charger). And wouldn't you know it, as I'm approaching the new Light Rail overpass, two of the Blue Angels roar up in front of me, taking off from Boeing Field. Flying right over the Rail track. Not 10 seconds later two LRT trains pass by each other in opposite directions, intersecting right over the roadway. Wow! as I reached in my back pocket for my battery-less camera...
I took the video the day before yesterday when all 6 of them took off for their Seafair show over Lake Washington. Awesome!
This is my first video upload for this blog. Unedited, etc, but I'm excited by the possibilities!
">Blue Angels Taking Off

1 comment:

  1. You were a little shaky on the Blue Angel video, but besides that, you nailed the shots of them taking off. The sound was impressive too. Very good job. With a tiny bit of editing, that could be better.

    I usually turn the anti-shake option when videoing. I'm not sure if you had it on.

    I'll try to check this blog more often. You know how it is, you get wrapped up in your life and become kind of selfish with your time and energy.

    ReplyDelete