Thursday, August 13, 2009

Art Museums #2

Where have I been all of these years?
If I was a "writer", or if I could pour the thoughts and emotions I'm feeling right now into these words, I would.
I went to the main Seattle Art Museum downtown today. On the Seattle Light Rail AGAIN. Just like the other day at the Asian Art Museum, it was like visiting an old friend.
In addition to their regular collections, the special exhibitions now are "Andrew Wyeth - Remembrance", and "Target Practice: Painting Under Attack 1949-78".
http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/
One of the perks of being "62 or over", i.e. - a "senior", I get discounts now. And I decided to get a SAM Membership.
I'm still loving the Light Rail! I got off at the University St stop, rode up an escalator and out through a curving tunnel walkway, and SAM was right across the street. Cool.

3 comments:

  1. mom says you better NEVER cencor johnny!!! or her she don't care if they do call you 'super' bowl

    ReplyDelete
  2. you gota love that strong stance

    ReplyDelete