Saturday, June 4, 2011

"I turned the wrong way..."

The other day it was a Somali 2 year old. Yesterday it was a middle aged mentally challenged man looking for the Glen Acres Golf Course. I'm not sure what the 'politically correct' term would be. A nice guy, Scott, he'd been riding the buses and walking since 5am. It was 9am or so. We crossed paths just off the Green River trail, and he was talking to himself, just loud enough for me to hear "I turned the wrong way..." He was pulling a large golf cart. Anyway, I arranged to meet him at a restaurant down the street, and I hoofed it back to my car 15 minutes away, rendezvoused with him at the restaurant, and we got him to Glen Acres. Scott was supposed to meet his "team leader' there, and he said something about the Seattle University. Whatever was supposed to happen wasn't going to start until 1pm, and Scott said "I guess I can practice..."

No comments:

Post a Comment