Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yesterday - the LITTLE GUY

I had a little adventure yesterday morning. I rounded a corner of McAdam Rd headed towards SCenter, and there was this little guy running down the middle of the road towards me. Somali I think, 2 - 2 1/2?, and no english. I pulled over real fast, got out, and went over to him, watching for traffic.... He let me hold his hand after we got him off to the side of the road. We did a short walk up the closest cross street hoping to find a distraught parent or something, but I ended up calling 911.
He was reluctant to let go of my hand when the officer arrived and offered his hand, so we walked together to the Squad car. We settled him in the front seat, the officer said "I have to figure out what to do with him now...", and I continued on my shopping trip. Hopefully, he was reunited with his mother with no problems.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of Somali emigrants in the SeaTac area. I know first hand from my Census work. And some of these women have a whole bunch of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the police will get a call from a scared mother.

    ReplyDelete