Monday, December 13, 2010

walk in the early morning dark

Very nice this morning, almost balmy? with the Pineapple Express weather coming from Hawaii. Me, of the popsicle fingertips - I actually had to take off my gloves.
I like walking in the early morning dark. I got out at 5am, and I stayed with the better lit areas. A little voice in my head made me turn around and not go down parts of the Green River Trail.
Hearing the crowing roosters of neighbors always takes me back to Cebu in my mind. When I got away from the traffic sounds, I became aware of the more subtle sounds. There are less opportunities to take pictures at night of course, and my sense of hearing is heightened when it's dark.
I like to walk fast too, so when I don't have the interruptions of snapping photos, I actually get in more exercise.
A good walk...
-------------------------------------------
Some areas around here had a hard time this weekend with all the rain...
Believe it or not, this is in Ballard! This photo by Greg Gilbert of the Seattle Times was in today's online version:


"Stimson Marina livaboard Kim Iorio tries Kayaking in flooded Ballard. Along Shilshole Ave., the rainwater flooded the railroad tracks next to Salmon Bay Center at 5265 Shilshole Ave., NW. At left the stairway to the loading dock is partially submerged."

No comments:

Post a Comment