Thursday, September 30, 2010

Airport Way

Always looking for a new walking route, I drove down to the north end of Boeing Field this morning and walked back south along Airport Way. I weaved back and forth between the sidewalk along the main road and the Perimeter Road closer to the airstrip. In all these years of driving that route, I didn't realize the sidewalk ends not far south of the King County Airport Terminal, and I ended up walking along the grass median when the occasional vehicle drove by along that stretch. I covered the 1.6 miles I walked, as far as the Clay Lacy Aviation, in 22 minutes, one way. Looking at the photo below, I walked from the word "Way" in the upper left hand corner, down to the orange balloon "A". My guess is that I could walk the perimeter of the whole airport in an hour and a half?, at a comfortable pace. I'll do that as soon as I catch up on a few of my other projects I have going right now. I'm trying to limit my walking times to 45 minutes now.

No comments:

Post a Comment