Friday, September 4, 2009

"Art" continued...

I want to do/try everything! I just returned from the Bellevue Art Museum, and just like my other recent "art" excursions, it was like visiting an old friend. Thoughts of Jim Colbert.
Maybe I could try a different little project each month. Instead of turning on the news at 6pm, and just sitting there, I could work on my latest carving, beaded something or other, drawing, anything. Maybe I could just turn off the TV.
Yesterday I went to the Museum of History and Industry. My favorite part was the "Arts and Crafts Movement in the Northwest during the early twentieth century".
During that time period, "the Pacific Northwest...had a vibrant arts community (that) banded together to support one another, to learn the latest methods of working in clay, metal, glass, and wood, and to produce work that was often comparable to the better known work of East and Midwest and California craftspeople." Driving by some of the older houses on Capitol Hill later, I pictured some of the old stained glass windows, art nouveau objects and beautiful, sturdy, old, wood furniture inside.
And last night Bob Harms and I went to the EMP (Experience Music Project)- the "Jimi Hendrix Museum". An amazing collection of guitars, and my awe of Hendrix after watching some documentary pieces, and live performance videos...he was/is the best ever!!

3 comments: