Sunday, May 15, 2011

disappearing socks and missing paintings

I don't know where this painting went to? The way socks disappear into that black hole of one's house, my "Dennis Hopper" must have gone a similar route... The two characters here eventually got up off the couch, put down their beers (mostly), got jobs, found mates and became parents...


The assignment was to paint a painting in the style of a "comic" book/newspaper image, with black lines and solid colors, etc. I chose to copy a photo from the movie "Easy Rider", where Peter Fonda put his american flag jacket under Dennis Hopper's head, just after the rednecks shot him.

I found this old drawing the other day, the one I used for my painting.

I like the little multi colored paint splatters...



I scanned it into my computer, and did a little re-do here:

No comments:

Post a Comment