Tuesday, February 1, 2011

bundled up like the Michelin Man

I feel so rich today. If I never fulfill my dream of living in Cebu, at least part-time, I can still be happy. Being so close to the Green River, and my walks... my walks can be a joyous experience, like this morning. It was a cold 36 degrees, but it was so beautiful, with the bright sun and it's early morning angles of light...golden colors, blue sky, all kinds of birds... There was this very large Heron watching me as I walked past, his head turning like an owl, ready to take off as soon as I slowed my pace, or if I pulled out my camera.
I was bundled up like the Michelin Man, and

I was reminded of a little girl I saw walking to school once many years ago. Her mother had bundled her up so much that she could hardly walk. At one point, she stopped and took off one of her gloves. She stiffly bent down at her waist, and with her right arm stretched out, patted her hand in a little rain puddle on the sidewalk. And she brought her wet hand up and patted her face. The memory still makes me smile...

looking across the river, from the shade of the Community Center, the bluff had a warm golden color...




No comments:

Post a Comment