Monday, July 20, 2009

snake skin

Andrea, my daughter, and I are going to do the Mt Si hike tomorrow morning. I'm pumped. I haven't done any real hiking in forever!
The last time I remember doing Mt Si was when Colbert and I hiked up to check on one of his "Pyramid"s, from the year before. From his phase where we went to different places in Washington and built pyramids out of rocks and stone, drank a little wine, and generally had an "artistically" fun time. Anyway, we found his pyramid (this one about 4 feet high), a little worse for wear, with a few rocks and stones that had fallen or been knocked off. But right on one side was this wonderful snake skin. A snake had slithered up onto Jim's pyramid and had shed it's skin. Cool.
--------------------------
from my "Wednesday, February 4, 2009 Jim Colbert" post towards the bottom of this page:

Jim Colbert, the left saxophone player in the Title photo...1946-2007
6
we miss him every minute of every day...

http://www.artnet.com/Galleries/Artists_detail.asp?G=&gid=906&which=&aid=25774&ViewArtistBy=online&rta=http://www.artnet.com7

No comments:

Post a Comment