Friday, December 18, 2009



I saw a bumper sticker yesterday - "Bluegrass Festival, Darrington, Washington 2005". I remember driving my old Ford Econoline to that festival sometime in the mid 80s, opening up the back doors, and selling my wooden boxes. There were a lot of good craftspersons showing their wares, the music was fun, and there was some good food. The food concessions contract went to a local motorcycle gang, and that was interesting. Lots of leather jackets and bandanas. Towards the end of the day, we craftspeople did some bartering, and I remember trading for this beautiful handmade leather backpack, and an assortment of ceramic and porcelain wine goblets. All in all, a good day.

Images from: http://greatnorthwest.info/2008/07/15/darrington-bluegrass-festival-july-18-20/

No comments:

Post a Comment